The effects of an arrest and criminal charges can have long-lasting, expensive consequences on a
person’s life. Learn valuable information from a defense attorney in Austin.
Intoxication Assault Law in Texas
Penalties for Intoxication Assault
- 2-10 years imprisonment,
- Fine of up to $10,000,
- License suspension for 180 days to 2 years.
Drivers convicted of a DWI may be required to attend an alcohol education course and obtain an interlock device on their vehicle during the license suspension period. You will be required to pay for the cost of these yourself as well as any fees the Department of Motor Vehicles requires for reinstatement of your driver’s license at the end of any suspension period.
Intoxication Assault Defense
- Operating a motor vehicle in a public place while intoxicated; and
- By reason of that intoxication causes serious bodily injury to another.
- Improper calibration,
- Test conducted by an unqualified person,
- Improper tracking or labeling of the sample,
- Improper instructions, or
- Improperly administered test.
Austin Criminal Defense Attorney
Please type your message below and we will get back to you asap.