Texas Surcharges for DWI
The effects of an arrest and criminal charges can have long-lasting, expensive consequences on a
person’s life. Learn valuable information from a defense attorney in Austin.
Texas Surcharges Based on Points
Surcharges Based on Criminal Convictions
- Driving without a valid driver’s license – $100 surcharge
- Driving without insurance – up to $250 surcharge
- First offense driving while intoxicated (in-state or out-of-state conviction) – $1,000 surcharge
- Intoxication assault or DWI manslaughter – $1,000 surcharge
- Subsequent DWI offense – $1,500 surcharge
- Subsequent intoxication assault or DWI manslaughter – $1,500 surcharge
- DWI conviction with a BAC level of 0.16 or greater (in-state or out-of-state conviction) -$2,000 surcharge
Assessment and Payments for Surcharges
Consequences of Not Paying Surcharges
Consult Austin, Texas DWI Attorney Jason S. English
It is important to never plead guilty to a DWI without speaking to a criminal defense attorney and to ensure that you have an experienced DWI lawyer on your side to avoid the harsh consequences and costs of a DWI conviction. If you have been charged with driving while intoxicated in Texas and you have questions about surcharges assessed by the Department of Public Safety, contact Texas DWI lawyer Jason S. English online or call (512) 454-7548 for more information.
Please type your message below and we will get back to you asap.